It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 BC2 Tweaks 
Retired
Retired

Here I am compiling a list of BC2 tweaks. Please feel free to try them out!!

Use FRAPs to display FPS in game
This game is CPU intensive with things like sound thrown at the processor it will not work on single core.
Performance should be much better for everyone now with full optimization and it will get even better after some patches and more stable.
All the items here should still work and help esp shadows and going to dx9.
Make sure you download the latest video drivers from Nvidia and ATI. Use beta drivers at your own risk.
In Game Settings
Turn settings to lowest resolution and low setting
Turn sound down from hi-fi to headset (you will have to do this each time you load the game) BC2 uses a lot CPU for sound. If your PC can handle it wartapes is the best)
Settings File is located – Here
Change sound quality to low (also changeable in game menu but resets every time to hifi)
Change DXVersion-auto to 9 to force DX9
Change Bloom=true to false (This may fix black flashing screen)
Change HSAO=true to false (also settable in the in-game “advanced” graphics settings)helps esp with quad core
Change renderaheadlimit to 0 instead of 2 *New in Retail
Other settings.ini changes that you can try: (from BadCompanyTwo.Com)

- Undergrowth=”medium” – Put this to low, if experiencing frame-rate issues. This map has a lot of it.
- Water=”medium” – Not really any water to traverse in this map, go ahead and set this to low.
- MSAA=”2? – This is Anti-aliasing, this will always use up a lot of a gpx cards resources. Set this to “0?
- Shadows=”medium”- you can also set this to low to improve performance
- Textures=”medium”- Setting this to low can improve FPS at the cost of visual eye candy.
- Aniso=2 – Set this to 0 to disable Anisotropic filtering.
To force the use of all processors:

- Add “+fullproc” without the quotations to your desktop shortcut or Steam game’s “launch options”. (this should be active at release)

-You can go to Task Manager and manually heighten the priority to force it to use more CPU See Picture

To fix sticky controls (for those who get key shadow/lag with wasd etc):
- Delete the joystick controls under foot (options->controls->foot), then it works fine

To run the game in a window:
- Simply hit alt+enter and change your resolution to something smaller than your desktop.

To enable the Steam overlay on DirectX 10 and 11:
- Participate in the Steam client beta (Settings > Account > Beta participation).

For sticky/laggy mouse issues:
- Disable mouse acceleration in the game’s mouse settings, and turn off Vsync in the graphics settings.

What ports should I open for multiplayer if I’m having connectivity trouble? (from EA UK forums)
- Port: 80 TCP
- Port: 18121 TCP
- Port: 18126 TCP
- Port: 18126 UDP
- Port: 13505 TCP

You can’t look up-down and/or left-right – “my mouse isn’t working”
- You’ve accidentally bound something to the axes that BF2 uses for looking around.
- Reset your controls to fix this
- In future, when binding things to your mouse, pay close attention; if you move the mouse at all while binding, it will register & bind that horizontal or vertical movement axes, replacing your look ones.

Also if you are having problems there are beta drivers available that are supposed to fix some problems (ie reflective water with ati cards)..check the forums

If your game is constantly Crashing:

- Make Sure you are running the game as Administrator

If you have an ATI Card:

-Set Catalyst A.I to max

How to adjust your FOV -Field of View *New in Retail

-In your Settings.ini we showed you before in My Documents/BFBC2 the default is FOV=55 you can adjust that up to 120 (per repi)

The FOV in the settings.ini file is the vertical FOV, people usually talk about horizontal FOV, so you have to convert your desired HFOV to VFOV using this calculator: FOV calculator. Enter your screen resolution in pixels (e.g. 1920×1200), then the desired HFOV, click calculate, and it will show you the VFOV setting you need to put in settings.ini.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:17 am

Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:13 am
Retired
Retired

Not a problem. When I get some time I will add to it as well.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:59 pm
can any one plz help me......i have a problem regarding my BFBC2 play im not able to look straight i visited the forms but i didnt understood how that axes bind the mouse and can anyone plz help me how to fix it

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:57 am
Command
Command

IGN: CaptinWizard
If anyone is interested in a good weekend read and like to play with their PC here is a link to a nice tweak guide.

http://www.geforce.com/#/Optimize/Guide ... weak-guide

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:28 pm
Command
Command

Bad Company 2 Graphics And Performance Tweaks

Anti-Aliasing (MSAA)
The higher you set this, the more resources the game will consume. So set it low, if you want to increase the performance of your machine.
Best Performance: 0 (1x)
Best Quality: 3 (4x)

Bloom
Effect that tries to mimic the way human eye sees a bright object right after seeing a dark object. More of an eye candy, so turn it off.
Best Performance: false (off) (May fix black screen flicker)
Best Quality: true (on)

DirectX Mode (DxVersion)
If you are on Windows 7/Vista, you may opt to run the game in DirectX 9 at the expense of graphics and eye candy you get while running the game on DirectX 10. One major disadvantage of running the game on DirectX 9 is that you may experience flickering textures and AA won’t work.
Best Performance: 9
Default: auto

Horizontal Based Ambient Occlusion (HSAO)
Dense shadows that add depth to objects, but can negatively impact performance.
Best Performance: false (off)
Best Quality: true (on)

Shadows
Best Performance: medium or low
Best Quality: high

Undergrowth
Quality of the grass on the ground. Turning it off, gives a massive performance boast.

VSync
Syncs the games FPS to the refresh rate of your monitor to eliminate “tearing”. People with Average PC’s shouldn’t even think of turning it on, “Always off”. Infact, only turn it on if you can maintain 60+ FPS in the game.
Available settings: on, off

Anisotropic Filtering (Aniso)
Quality of textures at a distance. Not noticeable performance boast, but rendering these textures at distance uses memory, so keep it low if you have low RAM.

Detail
Available settings: low, medium, high

Effects
Quality of particle effects.

Overgrowth
Amount of grass that comes out of the ground.

Soldiers
Level of detail on Players.

StaticObjects
Quality of various objects (barrels, rocks, signs, etc.)

Terrain
Quality of general terrain (not including grass; see Overgrowth & Undergrowth)

Textures
Quality of general textures (walls, fences, poles, etc.)

Vehicles
Level of detail on all vehicles.

Water
Quality of water in the game, which you may never find, so better turn it off.

Bad Company 2 Field Of View Guide (FOV Tweak)
Now field of view variable in settings.ini of Battlefield Bad Company 2 is vertical instead of horizontal. But, changing the vertical FOV does change the horizontal FOV proportionately.
First off, you need to find your vertical FOV that corresponds to horizontal FOV you want to play the game with.
You can find your corresponding vertical FOV using this calculator. Put in the your screen resolution, and the horizontal FOV you want, and the calculator will output vertical FOV that you need to put in “Settings.ini”.

Note: If you don’t have FOV line, just add it, “FOV=”.

RenderAheadLimit
Its either draw distance or more of control limit to render queue. No concrete evidence on its effects. So, go wild, you are on your own.
Best Performance: Your results may vary
Default: 2

Sound Quality
Only set this to high if you have a high-end PC, otherwise set it low.
Best Performance: low
Default: low

SpeakerCount
Refer the guide below to choose which number to pick, its completely different from sound settings.
5.1, 6.1, & 7.1 systems: 6
4.0 & 4.1 systems: 4
2.0 stereo & 2.1 systems: 2
Default: 0

Be sure to back up your default Settings.ini file. In case you are messed up and didn’t back up your original “Settings.ini” file, you can download the original Settings.ini file via Dice,’Smart People’ they are.

Source: Psythik of GameFaqs Forums, and Thanks RjDown for FOV Calculator.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:17 pm
Command
Command

In an effort to resolve the black screen flicker in BC2 I did some research to find another way other than for NVIDIA users to stay on the 340...... version driver. What I found was for a change to your settings.ini file found in your documents/BC2 folder. Open settings.ini file in edit mode and find Set Bloom=true to Bloom=false with Notepad in Documents>BFBC2. No need to necessarily change from dx11 to dx9.

Fri May 20, 2016 8:26 pm
Co-Command
Co-Command

IGN: Ghostxxxstryker
...another splendid aspect from the captin - I changed it to false - lets see what happens - it seems to be a common thorn for many.

...for those who would like to play around finetuning this splendid game - while in the Settings.ini folder go to Fov=55 line and change the "55" to a higher value to increase the extent of the observable game world that is seen on the display at any given moment. you will see more - the default is 55 I have mine changed to Fov=75 and save ! you can always change back to default or increase even more as needed. Fov stands for field of view or field of vision.

~ghost

ps I had changed mine previously but found that for some odd reason it had gone back to default.

thankx for bringing up the settings.ini cap !

Sat May 21, 2016 9:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]