It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Windows XP-Professional-64 Bit & Battlefield 2 
I intend to do some hardware upgrades to my current gaming "rig" which will require me to re-load my Windows XP OS. I'm currently using Windows XP-Pro in 32Bit, but I thought I might move to the 64 Bit version, (which I already own), in-order to install more RAM that my system can "see" and use. Aside from drivers, (which should be available for all the current and new hardware I'm using), what has been the experience with installing BF2 on a Windows XP-Pro, 64 Bit OS? For what it's worth, I'm using Vista Ultimate, (32 Bit) on my "Business" PC, but as stated by such publications as "Maximum PC", Windows XP is STILL a better Gaming OS, in their opinion. Any and all feedback would be appreciated.

Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:15 pm
Game Admin
Game Admin

i use both xp-64 and vista 64 and both play BF2 just spiffy. does help to have 6 GB ram but really any amount would do. it just seems to run more efficiently.

Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:13 pm
Between XP 64 and Vista 64, I would say there is really no advantage in BF2. The main kick for vista and gaming is DirectX-10. Other than that, if I were you I would just stick with XP 64bit. Drivers are scarse but not for the important things. Most good manufacturers do supply mobo, g-card, and device drivers for xp 64.

Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:26 pm

I have run all of the above mentioned at one point or another. I currently run vista ultimate 64 and it is my preference. I used to think xp was better, but when properly optimized, vista 64 runs just as smooth or even better than xp. Plus you don't have to dual boot to run dx10 games.

(='.'=)
(")_(")

Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]