It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Res's Rig 
64 bit Vista and my extra 4GB of RAM came today. Gathered up all the driver disks, made sure I have my Battlefield 2 codes, downloaded the latest Creative and nVidia drivers for 64 Vista, I've copied all media files etc to the storage drive, and was sitting here ready to dive in and then a little voice told me 'the weekend is in a couple of days, dude, maybe you should wait, first time installing 64 bit Vista and all'.

I always regret it when I don't listen to that little voice of caution, so I guess I'll wait until the weekend.

Couple quick questions for you guys who already rock the 64 bit OSes --

1) Tuning software -- my overclocks were all manual and done in the BIOS so I'm not worried about those, but I did my video card OCs with Riva Tuner. Anyone know if Riva works OK in a 64 bit setting? Should I use something else? Free works best for me.

2) Think I should remove the one video card, then install it and set up SLI later? Right now with all this cold medicine in me I can't remember shit, but something suggests to me that it's a good idea.

3) Any words of wisdom for what to look out for once I install the 64 bit OS?

Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:55 pm
Retired
Retired

Yeah I would prob add the second video card after it will just be easier in case of any hiccups. I don't know about many words of wisdom as I have very minimal issues to date. If something pops up I am sure we can get you through it. :wink:

Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:52 pm
So far so good. I already disabled the UAC. How retarded is it that you can't set the UAC to auto-allow certain programs on a whitelist?

3dmark06 is running now and it looks like it's running a little slower in Vista.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:51 pm
Yeah, in Vista 64, even with 8 GB of RAM, my 3DMark06 drops about 1500 points. I know it's an older program but that's still pretty disappointing.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3